Sunday 27 May 2012


Here at Eartwister we are subject to the trials and tribulations of everyday life like everyone else. Unfortunately that means through family illness, work pressures (day job) and a whole host of other reasons, we have been rather remiss in bringing you the normal Eartwister service. So consider this a sincere apology from all at Twister Towers.
Now that’s out of the way, what’s coming up this summer? Well, they’ll be plenty of the usual reviews, new music, live and recorded, plus plenty of feedback from this summer’s festivals both large and small.
On top of that, they’ll be more interviews heading your way and a chance for one bright young thing to become part of the Eartwister family. So, if you fancy writing for Eartwister then do get in touch and let us know what you can do.
On a slightly sour note, I have to say that I witnessed my first ever tribute act on Saturday night and my reaction was not what I'd expected. Having enjoyed the support acts I'd come to watch (playing their own stuff to clarify), I thought I'd hang around to catch a couple of songs from The Smiths Ltd. I mean what's the harm? I love The Smiths, it's only a bit of fun, I've seen the originals, this will just be a giggle. How wrong I was. In truth it was a truly creepy experience and not one I wish to repeat, I urge you not to make a similar mistake. I only managed to stay for three painful songs before making for the exit. 24 hours later, and I'm still being haunted by images of Johnny Marr's wig. 

No comments:

Post a Comment